Wednesday, December 15, 2010

hard work, tolerance, loyalty, & fair play

hard work. tolerance. loyalty. fair play

These are the traits of a Hufflepuff. 

Ever since I read the first Harry Potter novel at age 12, I knew I was a Hufflepuff. There was no denying it. I was strangely okay with being in the Plain Jane Hogwarts house. 

With the latest Harry Potter movie in theaters, there was a lot of Hogwarts talk at our MFA outings.  There seemed to be a lot of love for all the other houses...Even Slytherin! 

C'mon guys, we're all nerdy, emotional writers...We're Hufflepuff. Then came the Hufflepuff hating.

Well, that was until someone sent out the definitive test...a virtual sorting hat. Try out all 122 questions HERE to find out which house you're in. If you're friends with me, I bet there's a good chance you're a good ol' Hufflepuff, just like the majority of my grad school friends...All of whom now fully embrace their new found loyalty to the fairest house around. Now it's all about the Hufflepuff loving.

And you know what's even cooler?


The Hufflepuff mascot is a badger. Yes. A badger. Like Wisconsin's very own Bucky. The University of Wisconsin is totally the Hufflepuffs of the Big Ten (I know a lot of people that would hate that comment, but I DON'T CARE because it's true). All the strange labels and loyalties of my life fit together like a sweet little puzzle.

Go Bucky!
Go Hufflepuff!

love,
jkl

No comments: