Sunday, January 24, 2010

project of the week: shadow box

Tomorrow I shall reveal my recipe box that I have totally been geek-ing out over. But until then, may I fancy your taste buds with the news of my next project of the week?...

Sticking with the theme of boxes, I will complete a shadow box art project this week. Way back in the fall, I got sucked into Michael's ponzi-esque scheme where they give you a 40% off one item coupon EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU SHOP THERE that expires in one week. That, my dear friends, is how I ended up with two unadorned shadow boxes, Martha's glitter box set, and pipe cleaners (don't ask). Finally, after weeks of shamefully perpetuating my vicious cycle, I tore up my coupon in front of my cashier. We made eye contact and I could tell she thought I was brave. That what I did took a lot of heart. Oh, it was hard to do, but I did what had to be done.

It really did have to be done, especially since the glitter, boxes, and pipe cleaners are still all huddled into that nook behind my t.v. months later, unopened and sad. I have a specific friend in mind who I think would really appreciate a shadow box. So, I will be attempting my first one with her in mind (and will send it to her, too, you dummy). Wish me luck because I really will have a hard time if it turns out silly.

love!
jkl

5 comments:

Margaret said...

hey gurl hey. i love that your blog is back. i check it all the time. miss your tush. (i hope my dad doesn't read this. to him it would be damning evidence. and he is "plugged in" with the new iphone and all.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello
Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House
Company House Webcheck
Companies House Webcheck Service

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]companies house webcheck service[/url]